Information & Tickets
Notes for your visit
Please note that the visit is only possible under the following conditions:
- wearing a surgical mask or FFP2 mask
- booking a time slot ticket online in advance
It is not neccessary to show a negative COVID-19 test result. To ensure that your visit is safe and relaxed, please also note the following information.
Open from Wednesday to Monday, 10:00 to 19:00
Closed on Tuesdays
Tickets & Ticket Sales
Tickets are available exclusively in our online shop. The following ticket types are currently on sale:
Ticket Everything Is Just for a While
€ 0 / free timed ticket
Admission to all exhibitions
18 to 23 September:
Thea Djordjadze: all building as making / Everything Is Just for a While
€ 9 / reduced 6
from 25 September:
Thea Djordjadze: all building as making / The Cool and the Cold / Everything Is Just for a While
€ 15 / reduced 10
Please show your ticket in digital or printed form as you enter. You will need to show the ticket again when you leave the exhibition.
Information on Ticket Sales
- Advance booking starts on 10.09. for the period: 18.9.-15.10.
- Advance booking starts on 08.10. for the period: 16.10.-12.11.
- Advance booking starts on 29.10. for the period: 13.11.-10.12.
- Advance booking starts on 19.11. for the period: 11.12.-09.01.
We ask for your understanding that we cannot offer a waiting list.
In addition to our normal price, we also offer reduced prices and free admission if you are eligible. When booking in our online shop, select the date and admission period; when the price is displayed, you can then specify the ticket type in the drop-down menu called “Discounts”. Find more information on the different ticket types under “read more”.
1. Standard price
2. Reduced price
The reduced price is available for the following persons on presentation of appropriate identification:
- schoolchildren, students, trainees, those engaged in national or community service
- unemployed persons claiming „ALG I“ job-seekers’ allowance
- severely disabled persons (with at least 50% reduction in earning capacity) on presentation of the appropriate identification
3. Free admission
Free admission is available for the following persons on presentation of appropriate identification:
- Children and young people up to the age of 16
- Representatives of the press holding a valid press ID
- Persons receiving social benefits or unemployment benefits, type 2
- Persons accompanying a disabled person, provided the medical necessity for an attendant is noted in the disability pass
- Persons lending objects to the exhibitions (or their representatives)
- Members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM)
- Members of the International Association of Art (IAA)
- Members of the International Committee for Museums and Collections of Modern Art (CiMAM)
- Members of the Professional Association of Visual Artists Berlin (BBK Berlin)
- Members of the Federal Association of Visual Artists (BBK)
Please stick to your time slot. Your personal admission time is indicated on your ticket. We recommend arriving 15 minutes before your time slot begins. You will not be able to enter if you miss your slot or to re-enter. The length of stay in the building is limited to 2 hours, the maximum length of stay in the exhibition is limited to 60 minutes.
Wearing a surgical mask or FFP2 mask (without valves) is compulsory while in the entire building. Please bring appropriate mouth-and-nose protection with you. Be aware that cloth face masks and face shields are not permitted. Children under the age of 6 do not need a mask. For those aged 6 upwards, a surgical mask or a FFP2 mask is mandatory.
Please note that the cloakroom is not available and you can only bring in bags or rucksacks if their format is no bigger than A4. A limited number of lockers is available for visitors.
- Please do not plan a visit to the Gropius Bau if you are displaying symptoms or if you have been in contact with a COVID-19 patient in the last 14 days.
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from others.
- Please observe the permitted number of persons when sitting down on one of the benches throughout the building.
- Sneeze and cough into the crook of the arm or a tissue.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- The house is cleaned and disinfected throughout the day. However, we recommend to avoid touching surfaces.
- Entrances and exits are mostly separated. Please pay attention to the signage.
- Access to the exhibitions is limited. Please pay attention the instructions of personnel.
How to Get Here & Parking
Niederkirchnerstraße 7, 10963 Berlin
U-Bahn U2 (Potsdamer Platz)
U-Bahn U6 (Kochstraße)
S-Bahn S1, S2, S25 (Potsdamer Platz or Anhalter Bahnhof)
Buses M29 (Anhalter Bahnhof), M41 (Abgeordnetenhaus)
The car park is located directly next to the Gropius Bau on the corner of Stresemannstrasse 110 and Niederkirchnerstrasse and is open 24 hours.
First to third hour € 1.50 per hour
Each additional hour € 1.00
Day ticket € 15.00
We have a limited number of permanent, individual parking spaces available. For more information about renting one please contact .
Restaurant and Bookshop
The bookshop Walther König is open from 10:00 to 19:00. The restaurant Beba has reopened and can currently only be visited by exhibition visitors with an exhibition ticket. Access to the restaurant only (without a visit to the exhibitions) is only possible after making an appointment (by phone or online) with Beba. A negative Corona test (PoC antigen rapid test or PCR test) or proof of full Corona vaccination is required to visit the restaurant. The restaurant will continue to offer an outside sale on the terrace next to the Gropius Bau.