Information & Tickets
Notes for your visit
Please note that the visit is only possible under the following conditions:
- wearing an FFP2 mask
- booking a time slot ticket online in advance
It is not neccessary to show a negative COVID-19 test result. To ensure that your visit is safe and relaxed, please also note the following information.
Open from Wednesday to Monday
Closed on Tuesdays
Exhibition Yayoi Kusama: 09:00 to 21:00
All other exhibitions: 10:00 to 19:00
Tickets & Ticket Sales
Tickets are available exclusively in our online shop. The following ticket types are currently on sale:
Ticket Yayoi Kusama
€ 15 / reduced 10
Ticket Hella Jongerius / Zheng Bo
€ 15 / reduced 10
Ticket Everything Is Just for a While
€ 0 / free timed ticket
Please show your ticket in digital or printed form as you enter. You will need to show the ticket again when you leave the exhibition.
Information on Ticket Sales
Please mind that, due to contingencies surrounding the current health situation, tickets are only on sale on a rolling basis, and that ticket numbers are limited. New tickets go on sale every second Friday at 12:00. Upcoming dates are:
Friday, 25.6., 12:00
Start of ticket sales from 1.7.
New dates will be released at a later point. We ask for your understanding that we cannot offer a waiting list.
In addition to our normal price, we also offer reduced prices and free admission if you are eligible. When booking in our online shop, select the date and admission period; when the price is displayed, you can then specify the ticket type in the drop-down menu called “Discounts”. Find more information on the different ticket types under “read more”.
1. Standard price
2. Reduced price
The reduced price is available for the following persons on presentation of appropriate identification:
- schoolchildren, students, trainees, those engaged in national or community service
- unemployed persons claiming „ALG I“ job-seekers’ allowance
- severely disabled persons (with over 50 % disability)
3. Free admission
Free admission is available for the following persons on presentation of appropriate identification:
- Children and young people up to the age of 16
- Representatives of the press holding a valid press ID
- Persons receiving social benefits or unemployment benefits, type 2
- Persons accompanying a disabled person, provided the medical necessity for an attendant is noted in the disability pass
- Persons lending objects to the exhibitions (or their representatives)
- Members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM)
- Members of the International Association of Art (IAA)
- Members of the International Committee for Museums and Collections of Modern Art (CiMAM)
- Members of the Professional Association of Visual Artists Berlin (BBK Berlin)
- Members of the Federal Association of Visual Artists (BBK)
Please stick to your time slot. Your personal admission time is indicated on your ticket. We recommend arriving 20–40 minutes before your time slot begins. You will not be able to enter if you miss your slot or to re-enter. The length of stay in the building is limited to 2 hours, the maximum length of stay in the exhibition is limited to 90 minutes.
FFP2 masks (without valves) must be worn everywhere in the building and in the outdoor area. Please bring appropriate mouth-and-nose protection with you. Be aware that cloth face masks and face shields are not permitted. Children under the age of 6 do not need a mask or a test. For those aged 6 to 14 years, a surgical mask is mandatory; from the age of 14 upwards, the FFP2 mask is compulsory.
Please note that the cloakroom is not available and you can only bring in bags or rucksacks if their format is no bigger than A4. A limited number of lockers is available for visitors.
- Please do not plan a visit to the Gropius Bau if you are displaying symptoms or if you have been in contact with a COVID-19 patient in the last 14 days.
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from others.
- Please observe the permitted number of persons when sitting down on one of the benches throughout the building.
- Sneeze and cough into the crook of the arm or a tissue.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- The house is cleaned and disinfected throughout the day. However, we recommend to avoid touching surfaces.
- Entrances and exits are mostly separated. Please pay attention to the signage.
- Access to the exhibitions is limited. Please pay attention the instructions of personnel.
How to Get Here & Parking
Niederkirchnerstraße 7, 10963 Berlin
U-Bahn U2 (Potsdamer Platz)
U-Bahn U6 (Kochstraße)
S-Bahn S1, S2, S25 (Potsdamer Platz or Anhalter Bahnhof)
Buses M29 (Anhalter Bahnhof), M41 (Abgeordnetenhaus)
The car park is located directly next to the Gropius Bau on the corner of Stresemannstrasse 110 and Niederkirchnerstrasse and is open 24 hours.
First to third hour € 1.50 per hour
Each additional hour € 1.00
Day ticket € 15.00
We have a limited number of permanent, individual parking spaces available. For more information about renting one please contact .