Information & Tickets
Notes for your visit
Please note that at least the 2G+ rule applies in the Gropius Bau.
- For your exhibition visit, 2G+ (FFP2 mask) applies. Visiting our exhibitions is only permitted for people who are either fully vaccinated or have recovered from a COVID-19 infection and wear an FFP2 mask in the building.
- For events such as conversations or guided tours, 2G++ (test and FFP2 mask) applies. Visiting events at the Gropius Bau is only permitted for people who are either fully vaccinated or have recovered from a COVID-19 infection and can present a negative COVID-19 test (rapid antigen test from within the last 24 hours or PCR test from within the last 48 hours) upon arrival. An FFP2 mask must be worn during the entire event. With proof of a third vaccination (the so-called booster shot), a test is not required.
- The digitally verifiable proof (QR code in digital or printed form) and your ID card will be checked in the entrance area.
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from others and observe the general hygiene rules.
- The 2G rule does not apply to minors (up to 18 years of age) and people who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. They can visit the Gropius Bau after presenting a negative COVID-19 test not older than 24 hours (as well as a doctor’s certificate of vaccination eligibility). Children up to 6 years of age do not need to present a test.
- Please check the validity of your vaccination certificate before your visit. In this regard, pay attention to the current conditions for the recognition of COVID certificates, i.e. the issuing country must take part in the EU Digital COVID Certificate system; the vaccine must be authorised by the European commission.
- If you have been vaccinated outside the European Union (with a vaccine approved in the EU), proof of vaccination can also be provided without digital verification. Your vaccination certificate must contain your personal data, information on the vaccine and the date of vaccination.
To ensure that your visit is safe and relaxed, please also note the following information.
Open from Wednesday to Monday, 10:00 to 19:00
Closed on Tuesdays
Tickets & Ticket Sales
Tickets are available in our online shop or on site. The following ticket types are currently on sale:
Ticket Zanele Muholi
€ 9 / reduced € 6
Ticket Emeka Ogboh. Ámà: The Gathering Place
€ 0 / freely accessible without a ticket
Ticket SERAFINE1369: A Continual Cry
€ 0 / freely accessible without a ticket
Please show your ticket in digital or printed form as you enter. You will need to show the ticket again when you leave the exhibition.
In addition to our normal price, we also offer reduced prices and free admission if you are eligible. When booking in our online shop, select the date and admission period; when the price is displayed, you can then specify the ticket type in the drop-down menu called “Discounts”. Find more information on the different ticket types under “read more”.
1. Standard price
2. Reduced price
The reduced price is available for the following persons on presentation of appropriate identification:
- schoolchildren, students, trainees, those engaged in national or community service
- unemployed persons claiming „ALG I“ job-seekers’ allowance
- severely disabled persons (with at least 50% reduction in earning capacity) on presentation of the appropriate identification
3. Free admission
Free admission is available for the following persons on presentation of appropriate identification:
- Children and young people up to the age of 16
- Representatives of the press holding a valid press ID
- Persons receiving social benefits or unemployment benefits, type 2
- Persons accompanying a disabled person, provided the medical necessity for an attendant is noted in the disability pass
- Persons lending objects to the exhibitions (or their representatives)
- Members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM)
- Members of the International Association of Art (IAA)
- Members of the International Committee for Museums and Collections of Modern Art (CiMAM)
- Members of the Professional Association of Visual Artists Berlin (BBK Berlin)
- Members of the Federal Association of Visual Artists (BBK)
Please stick to your time slot. Your personal admission time is indicated on your ticket. We recommend arriving 15 minutes before your time slot begins. You will not be able to enter if you miss your slot or to re-enter.
You also have the option of taking a test provided by 100test.de in the Gropius Bau car park.
It is only possible to bring bags and backpacks if their format is no bigger than A4. Larger items can be left at the cloakroom on the lower ground floor, in addition a limited number of lockers are available.
- Please do not plan a visit to the Gropius Bau if you are displaying symptoms or if you have been in contact with a COVID-19 patient in the last 14 days.
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from others.
- Please observe the permitted number of persons when sitting down on one of the benches throughout the building.
- Sneeze and cough into the crook of the arm or a tissue.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- The house is cleaned and disinfected throughout the day. However, we recommend to avoid touching surfaces.
- Entrances and exits are mostly separated. Please pay attention to the signage.
- Access to the exhibitions is limited. Please pay attention the instructions of personnel.
How to Get Here & Parking
Niederkirchnerstraße 7, 10963 Berlin
U-Bahn U2 (Potsdamer Platz)
U-Bahn U6 (Kochstraße)
S-Bahn S1, S2, S25 (Potsdamer Platz or Anhalter Bahnhof)
Buses M29 (Anhalter Bahnhof), M41 (Abgeordnetenhaus)
The car park is located directly next to the Gropius Bau on the corner of Stresemannstrasse 110 and Niederkirchnerstrasse and is open 24 hours.
First to third hour € 1.50 per hour
Each additional hour € 1.00
Day ticket € 25.00
We have a limited number of permanent, individual parking spaces available. For more information about renting one please contact .
Restaurant and Bookshop
As the 2G rule applies in the Gropius Bau, access to the bookshop Walther König as well as the restaurant Beba is only permitted for people who are either fully vaccinated or have recovered from a COVID-19 infection (2G). The bookshop is open from Wednesday to Monday from 11:00 to 18:00. The restaurant is open again. Registration for groups is requested. Online ordering and collection of meals is still possible via the restaurant’s website.