Eligible for applications are dance groups consisting of young people of school age or in training.
Applications have to be made via our new Application Portal (in German only).
After you registration you can provide all the necessary details for your application.
You can also upload the following application material:
- A video recording of the production (a complete run-through of the production or a rehearsal)
- Notes on the recording (What does it show, what doesn’t it show? Is it the premiere, which performance, a rehearsal etc.)
- Information about the company and also on the terms and conditions under which it may perform
- Explanation and notes on the production, used material, flyer, press articles
- (Planned) performance dates / run-throughs during the viewing period 30 April to 17 May 2019.
If you have any questions of problems using our new application portal, please contact us by phone under +49 30 254 89 213.
An independent jury will select the productions to be invited to Berlin for the national Tanztreffen der Jugend on the basis of the applications. The selection process is expected to be completed by mid-May. The jury’s decision is final – there are no legal grounds for appeal.
The dance groups chosen as the winners of the nationwide Tanztreffen der Jugend contest will be invited with their productions to the Tanztreffen der Jugend in Berlin.
The centrepiece of the meeting is the public performances of the chosen dance productions. Beyond these, the meeting also offers the chosen companies and invited participants in the specialist conference opportunities for collective practical dance work, critical discourse about the productions, fora for discussion and much more.
All productions will be recorded during the Tanztreffen der Jugend.