The Theatertreffen’s Open Campus is the place where the theatre makers of tomorrow meet and create networks.
Emerging actors, directors, dramaturgs, scenographers and theatre scholars from universities, academies and theatre institutes across the German-language region will attend the Theatertreffen’s performances, the Stückemarkt as well as other parts of the programme. The students enter into an exchange about aesthetic and socio-political issues as well as their own interests and ideas.
Since 2018, in cooperation with LiteraturInitiative Berlin (LIN), Open Campus will also open its doors to students from schools across Berlin. The young people will experience the festival at first hand: attending performances, talking to artists and joining discussions. The focus lies on exploring artistic forms of expression by productively including the young people’s perspective.
Cooperating universities and LIN schools 2018:
- Akademie für Darstellende Kunst Baden-Wuerttemberg, Ludwigsburg (Dramaturgy)
- Bayerische Theaterakademie August Everding, München (Dramaturgy, Cultural Criticism)
- Beethoven-Gymnasium Berlin
- Folkwang Universität der Künste, Bochum (Folkwang Theaterzentrum, Acting)
- Freie Universität Berlin (Theatre Studies)
- Hochschule für Musik, Theater und Medien Hannover (Acting)
- Hochschule für Musik und Theater „Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy“ Leipzig (Dramaturgy)
- Rheingau Gymnasium, Berlin
- Schadow-Gymnasium, Berlin
- Staatliche Akademie der Bildenden Künste Stuttgart (Stage and Costume Design)
- Universität Bern (Theatre Studies)
- Universität Hamburg (German Philology)