The Theatertreffen’s Open Campus is the place where the theatre makers of tomorrow meet and create networks.
The Open Campus is where theatre makers of tomorrow create new networks and discourses in the context of the festival. Students from universities, art academies and theatre institutes across the German-language region will attend the Theatertreffen’s performances, the Stückemarkt and the discourse programme of the festival to start an exchange about aesthetic and socio-politicial issues as well as their own interests.
In cooperation with LiteraturInitiative Berlin (LIN), the Open Campus will also be open for students from schools in the city. Together, they will experience the Theatertreffen at close quarters as spectators of the performances and in conversation with the participating artists. The focus lies on exploring artistic forms of expression by productively including the young people’s perspective.
Open Campus 2020
Unfortunately, in connection with the measures towards the containment of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the 57th Theatertreffen (1 to 17 May 2020) – and thus our cooperation with drama and creative degree courses as well as with Berlin schools in the form of an excursion to the Theatertreffen – had to be cancelled.
Students of the Bavarian Theatre Academy August Everding in Munich, Kiel University, Freie Universität Berlin and Hanover University of Music, Drama and Media watched the Theatertreffen’s online performances and discursive programme on the internet and followed them up with discussions in their respective online seminars.
Originally Planned Cooperating Universities 2020
- Akademie für Darstellende Kunst Baden-Württemberg, Ludwigsburg (Dramaturgy)
- Bayerische Theaterakademie August Everding, Munich (Dramaturgy)
- Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel (Literature- and Media Sciences)
- Freie Universität Berlin (Theatre Studies)
- Hochschule für Musik und Theater “Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy” Leipzig (Dramaturgy)
- Hochschule für Musik, Theater und Medien Hannover (Acting)
- Staatliche Akademie der Bildenden Künste Stuttgart (Stage and Costume Design)
- Staatliche Hochschule für Gestaltung Karlsruhe (Exhibition Design and Scenography)
- Universität Bern (Theatre Studies)
- Universität Freiburg (German Philology)