Application possible for children and young people aged between 11 and 21 irrespective of their type of school or training.
Dates for the Treffen junge Musik-Szene 2020
Call for applications from March 2020
Deadline for applications 31 July 2020
Announcement of the winners late August 2020
Application possible with
- songs written by yourself, preferably in all languages
- all music genres (i.e. chanson, folk, blues, pop, rap, reggae, jazz, funk, rock, art song …)
The only things which aren’t eligible are submissions
- which are not your own recordings
- from solo artists, duos or bands who are already under contract (e.g. to a record company, producer, publisher etc.)
Applications have to be made via our new Application Portal (in German only).
After you registration you can provide all the necessary details for your application.
You can also upload the following application material:
- a maximum of 3 titles, one title preferably unmodified form the rehearsal room or recorded live.
- the complete lyrics
- a self-portrait (information about you and your career)
If you have any questions of problems using our new application portal, please contact us by phone under +49 30 254 89 213.
An expert jury will select 10 music productions. The selection process will be completed by the middle of September. The jury’s decision is final – there are no legal grounds for appeal.
The winners will be invited to the Treffen junge Musik-Szene for five days in Berlin. The highlight of the meeting is the concert of the winners at the Haus der Berliner Festspiele. The meeting also offers a rich Campus programme of jam sessions, music analysis and workshops about technical support backstage, song writing, voice and breath training, band coaching, composition, improvisation etc. The concert of the winners will be recorded.
The concert of the winners will be recorded.